Newcomers to Glen Arden should read the following:
New Student Registration
Only a parent or legal guardian may enroll a student in Buncombe County Schools.
Registration Procedure for All Students
Step 1) Call the school your child will attend and set up an enrollment appointment.
assignment is based on your home address. If you aren’t sure which
school your child will attend, please contact Buncombe County Schools
Transportation at 828-232-4240 or click on the link to the left titled
"School District Assignment."
Step 2) There are several basic items you will need to bring to your enrollment appointment:
- Photo Identification of parent/legal guardian.
- Copy of child’s certified birth certificate.
- Proof of guardianship. Can
include birth certificate, divorce papers, Social Services paperwork,
or paperwork signed by a judge awarding custody. Custody paperwork
authorized by a judge or Social Services/foster care placement paperwork
is required for all children not living with their natural parent.
- Copy of up-to-date immunization records. If your child is not immunized, you will need to speak with a school nurse. Click on the link to the left for a detailed list.
- Health assessment. For all new student to North Carolina.
- Two proofs of residency. One
must be a utility bill (power, water, or gas) and the other must be a
mortgage statement, rental/lease agreement, deed, or buyer’s agreement.
- Withdrawal form. Only
for students who last attended a Buncombe County school. This form will
be given to the parent/student by the previous school at the time of
- Additional Information Needed from Home Schooled Students:
- Home school registration
- Attendance record
- Standardized test scores
- Record of courses taken and credit awarded.
- Portfolio of work: course descriptions, sample of work including: exams, hours spent per course curriculum used.
Step 3) Print and complete the following forms and bring them to your enrollment appointment. If you don’t have access to a printer, copies will be provided for you to complete at the enrollment appointment.