Meet the Assistant Principal
Hello Glen Arden parents and students! I am thrilled to be returning to Glen Arden Elementary and am very excited to continue to serve students and the community this year as Assistant Principal. I have experience in health care and education serving as a Speech-Language Pathologist, and received my B.S. in Communication Disorders at the University of Central Florida and a M.S. in Speech-Language Pathology at Florida State University. In 2006, I completed my Ed.S. degree in Educational Leadership through Western Carolina University. This is my 9th year as Assistant Principal in Buncombe County Schools and I have a passion in helping children grow as individuals, and for supporting parents and teachers to make every day a great day for children.
School Bus Safety Rules
1. Treat all people with respect on the bus.
2. Be at your designated bus stop on time.
3. Do not eat or drink on the bus, tamper with bus seats, or throw objects.
4. Stay seated in your designated seat with bottom down and back against the seat.
5. Moving from seat to seat is not allowed unless directed by bus driver.
6. Keep your hands and feet inside the bus at all times.
7. Follow bus driver directions and use RAM STAR behavior at all times.
** Children are regularly awarded RAM STAR award tickets to earn a variety of prizes and have their names announced for positive behavior on the bus!
IMPORTANT REMINDER: If a child will be changing their transportation plans in any way from the norm, parents need to send a handwritten note or faxed and note with a parent signature to the child's classroom teacher or school office. EXAMPLE: "My child ________ typically rides by 268, but for today ______ he will be a car rider"
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I can be reached at (828) 654-1800. I am really looking forward to a great year this year - Go GAES Rams!
S C O T T L I S T E R